Benefits of Infrared Sauna
We are pleased to offer an Infrared Sauna in Wayne, PA. An infrared sauna uses infrared heaters to emit infrared radiant heat which is absorbed directly into the human body, unlike traditional saunas which heat the body indirectly via air or steam. The Infrared Sauna is 7 times more detoxifying than a regular sauna.
Far Infrared strengthens the Cardiovascular System by causing an increase in your heart rate, cardiac output, and decrease diastolic blood pressure. Many people who are wheel chair bound have benefited greatly from the cardiovascular effects. This beneficial heart workout leads to desired cardiovascular training and conditioning effects.
The Result: The toxins inside your body that make you feel sick, tired, and cause you to retain weight are eliminated. With an infrared sauna more carcinogenic heavy metals, sodium, cholesterol, nicotine, and alcohol are eliminated than with a standard type sauna.
Far Infrared Sauna also strengthens your immunity by creating an artificial fever. Fever is a natural healing response of the body. The function of the immune system is increased naturally during a fever, while viral and bacterial growth is slowed, weakening its hold. This helps the body ward off invading organisms. A FIR heat treatment in the early stages of a cold or flu has been known to stop the disease before the symptoms occur.
Far Infrared treatment can help reduce inflammation which helps reduce pain in joints.
Cancer cannot survive in an environment of temperatures more than 42 degrees Celsius (102.2 degrees Fahrenheit). In addition to its detoxifying effects, far infrared heat actually helps kill cancer cells, increasing the effectiveness of chemotherapy and reducing the side-effects of conventional therapies . At the same time, it boosts the body’s regenerative abilities and decreases pain by increasing circulation, which makes it beneficial in treating other conditions such as arthritis, gout, poor circulation, neuralgia and abnormal nerve function.
Introducing heat deep into your muscles produces an increased blood flow and temperature rise similar to the levels measured during brisk exercise. Temperature elevation also produces an increased blood flow and dilation directly in capillaries, arterioles, and venules, probably through direct action on their smooth muscles.
Far Infrared heat increases blood circulation throughout your skin which is mandatory for glowing, beautiful, and youthful skin. Infrared heat penetrates deep into pores pushing out toxins while rejuvenating your skin. To truly slow the aging process it is essential to push these pollutants out of your pores instead of trapping them with lotions and makeup. There is no better feeling than a healthy sweat in a sauna while drinking fresh water.
Another benefit to Infrared Sauna therapy is the break down of cellulite. Cellulite is a gel-like substance made up of water, fat and wastes trapped deep in pockets under your skin. Many Dermatologists are now recommending the use of infrared saunas with any anti-cellulite program as the profuse sweating helps clear the unwanted debris from your body.
Here is a list of the most common reported benefits of infrared sauna therapy for the skin:
- Soothing Nettle rash
- Clogged pores are unplugged of cosmetics creating a beautiful skin
- Texture and Tone
- Poor skin tone is restored
- Scars and pain from burns or wounds are decreased in severity and extent. Infrared therapy is used routinely in burn units throughout Asia
- Lacerations heal quicker and with less pain and scarring
- Acne: Three or four infrared treatments may open pores that have not been functioning in years, forcing out clogging cosmetics and loosening dead outer skin. The sauna is thus a boon to teenage and adult skin, clearing acne and blackheads
- Body odor: by improving the function of the skin, the infrared treatments may eliminate the cause of offensive body odor. It definitely reduces body odor induced by occupational exposure to odorous chemicals
- Eczema and Psoriasis: reported to have responded extremely well to infrared treatments
- Sunburn: according to the 9thedition of Clayton’s Electrotherapy, “infrared is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation”
- Keloids form at a reduced rate in those prone to keloid formation with infrared treatments and existing keloids may be softened by use of infrared systems
Far infrared saunas have been proven to reduce pain sensation by getting heat deep into the free-nerve endings in tissues. Pain is often associated with a lack of blood supply to the injured area due to tension or spasms. The introduction of heat, deep into these areas helps to increase circulation and reduce muscle spasms.
Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it increases growth of cells, DNA synthesis, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration.